Program of the NLFDC is designed to foster and promote the development and growth of the local film and video industry participants. This will be achieved through three distinct programs.
Applicants eligible for funding are individuals, corporations, cooperatives and not-for-profit organizations (including sectoral and service organizations) whose principle activity is in the film and video industry.
In general, the following eligibility criteria apply:
INDIVIDUALS must demonstrate that they:
- Participate, as a principle activity, in the film and video industry.
- Have earned a portion of their income from their film and video activities.
- Are recognized as “professional” by their peers.
- Are 18 years old or older or hold post-secondary standing.
- Are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- Are Newfoundland and Labrador residents. For the purposes of these guidelines, a “Newfoundland and Labrador Resident” is a person who has maintained a principal residence in Newfoundland and Labrador for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to the date of application to a funding program. (Individuals who have worked outside the province during the year prior to application may be considered eligible applicants if they can demonstrate that their permanent place of residence is Newfoundland and Labrador).
- Demonstrate that their primary focus is on the development, production and distribution of film and video products.
- Be at least 51% owned by a resident or residents of Newfoundland and Labrador as described for individuals.
COOPERATIVES AND NOT-FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS, INCLUDING SECTORAL AND SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS:
- Must demonstrate that their primary focus is on the development, production and distribution of film and video products and
- Will normally have been registered or incorporated in Newfoundland and Labrador for at least one year prior to application.
Sponsorship Application Form and Program Information